2011年5月10日星期二

According to Paula Abdul

Paula Abdul -- yes, that Paula Abdul -- is back judging a high-profile talent competition.

Abdul will join Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Antonio "L.A." Reid as the judges of The X Factor, when TV's newest reality singing competition debuts this fall, on Fox and CTV.

The X Factor, modelled after the UK's biggest TV hit -- which Cowell also hosts -- carries with it a recording contract worth $5 million US, a cut above the usual reality-TV payday.

The X Factor is open to singers and vocal groups age 12 or older, but the early buzz is on the judges, at least in these early days.

The Fox network made it official Sunday by issuing a prepared statement in which Abdul said: "I am excited beyond words to be a part of The X Factor. I couldn't be happier to bring my love for cultivating talent and performance to such a wildly anticipated show."

"This show would never have been the same without Paula," Cowell said in a prepared statement. "I can't believe I am saying this, but I have missed her. I am thrilled she's on the show."

For those who missed her aphorisms -- or Abdulisms, if you prefer -- over the years, here's a quick sampler:

• "All you can do is the best you can do."

• "Keep the faith; don't lose your perseverance; and always trust your gut extinct."

• "The cool part of being an entertainer is getting the opportunity to get your feet wet in all areas."

• "When people expect me to go right, I'll go left. I'm unpredictable."

• "I will never forget my humble beginnings as a Laker Girl. It was probably one of the most fun jobs I ever had."

• "Constructive criticism is about finding something good and positive to soften the blow to the real critique of what really went on."

• "American Idol has taken over my whole life."

• "Simon would not want to audition in front of Simon."

• "I welcome him like I welcome cold sores. He's from England; he's angry; and he's got Mad Power Disease."

• "Can you imagine Simon as a kid? His imaginary friends probably never wanted to play with him."

• "Find fitness with fun dancing. It is fun and makes you forget about the dreaded exercise."

• "For all those willing to help me start a family, I am flattered. I will let you know when I need your help."

• "I got a call to meet Fox, and the rest is history."

没有评论:

发表评论