2012年2月8日星期三

Oscars Sore Loser?

Daniel Radcliffe seems to have no trouble speaking his mind these days.

Recently, the “Harry Potter” actor called out the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for failing to honor the final installment of the box-office juggernaut. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2″ will compete for just three awards, all in technical categories, at the Academy Awards held later this month.

“I don’t think the Oscars like commercial films, or kids’ films, unless they’re directed by Martin Scorsese,” Radcliffe said, referring to Scorsese’s “Hugo,” which leads the nominations with 11. “I was watching ‘Hugo’ the other day and going, ‘Why is this nominated and we’re not?’ I was slightly miffed.”

“There’s a certain amount of snobbery,” Radcliffe added. “It’s kind of disheartening. I never thought I’d care. But it would’ve been nice to have some recognition, just for the hours put in.”

Six of the eight “Potter” films have been nominated for Oscars — all in technical categories — but the franchise, which grossed nearly $8 billion worldwide, has yet to earn a single Academy award.

Radcliffe, who has been promoting his latest film, “The Woman in Black,” has also come clean about his wild past while working on “Harry Potter.” He recently told Heat magazine, “I can honestly say I never drank at work on ’Harry Potter.’ I went into work still drunk, but I never drank at work … I can point to many scenes where I’m just gone. Dead behind the eyes.”

His admission that he’d given up alcohol was already widely known, but lately the 22-year-old actor has been explaining just how bad his drinking problem really got. In an interview with the UK’s Daily Mirror, he admitted that while drinking heavily, he sometimes had one-night stands with groupies, though he added that he preferred sleeping with girls he knew.

“I mean, that has happened,” Radcliffe told the paper about fooling around with fans. “But generally speaking I’ve known the person. Apart from a few times when I was drinking.”

没有评论:

发表评论